We board the ship tomorrow!
What the whaaaaa?
After a long rehearsal process and a long day of flying, we have safely landed and hotel'd in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. It's 77 degrees and muggy, and it's bizarre. It didn't really hit me until my parents were driving me back to the apartments last night and I realized that this whole thing is the real deal. It's hard to process, knowing that a lot will probably be the same as it was on the Maasdam two years, but I have a feeling that significantly more is going to be very, very different. I still have mixed feelings about that, but I'm pretty sure that has more to do with fear of the unknown more than it does about what is actually going to be happening over the next eight and a half months. Who knows what adventures I'll have, what people I'll meet, what new and unidentifiable foods I'll eat... But that's half the adventure right there, right? :)
So tomorrow, we board the ship early in the morning, then it's off to safety meetings and orientations and costume fittings and blocking rehearsals and hopefully eating somewhere in there...and then we have our very first performance of our opening night bumper show, "Listen to the Music". It's gonna be a looooong day. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit of a blur, but I couldn't have asked for a better cast to share it with.
I'll do my best to update this blog while I'm out and about, but the WiFi on the ship is erratic and expensive, and WiFi in ports is hit or miss. Keep checking back!
Here's to opening another chapter!!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment