Saturday, November 17, 2012

"Higher and Higher"

Wow!! The time is FLYING by! We have succcessfully completed our first day off as a full company, and it was definitely needed!

That's one good-looking cast!

After a couple days of choreography for the all-singer show "Unforgettable", we moved right on to "Dreampark". "Unforgettable" is sure to be a great show, but it involves a lot of quick transitions that only vary slightly from one to the other, so the challenge is in keeping then straight. We sound really great together, and I can't wait to really have that show in my body so that I can let loose. I get so few solos in the show, including "Tennessee Waltz" and "Fever", and I'm really excited about it.
"Dreampark" is a BEAST of a show, in that it is a "book"show in a sense. The basic storyline follows myself and my M1, Matt, who are on a date together at a carnival. The dancers are our friends, and three of the female dancers, including my friend Charlotte, the other female singer, act as Muses who conspire to get us to fall in love. It's a really cute show with lots of beautiful sets and a really incredible finale that includes a full-on carousel on stage, with the girls as the horses!
It's intense.
I get to sing "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", "Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me", and "I Only Wanna Be With You", among others. The choreography is massive, but I know it's going to look amazing.
We've really been enjoying bonding with the cast of the Statendam who are in rehearsals until Thanksgiving day. There gave been a couple of jacuzzi nights, a margarita-fest, and a special appearance or two by "Jess'ca", the male comedian's alter ego. Brilliant. A few girls from the Rotterdam cast are also in, so our little family just keeps growing and growing.
My fabulous parents have also lent me their van while they're up in Tahoe, and I can't even begin to describe how nice it is to have a car again. Being in New York for so long, I forgot that not everyone relies on public transportation the way I do! Ok,that's a lie, I didn't forget, but man it sure make a difference! Especially on our day off when a little James Bond and Nordstrom Rack (and In and Out) were in order! And EXTRA especially after a cast night out at Paco's Tacos, a Stiletto cast tradition! :)
That's all for now! Make sure to check out my Artist page on Facebook for daily updates, pictures, and the occasional video as well.
Much <3 and calm ~~~ !

No comments:

Post a Comment